Trouble with 6 boot/loader: system resets

Sun Aug 28 10:44:23 GMT 2005

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:54:20 +0200
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de> wrote:

> When trying to boot off the CF, boot will load loader. Then the
> machine resets.

I assume you've rebuild the loader yourself. I also assume you have
some additional compile flags in make.conf (e.g. additional ones for
CFLAGS or by setting your CPUTYPE). I have this problem too, I have to
copy /boot/loader.old to /boot/loader everytime I do a installworld.
It's a bad interaction of one of those additional compile flags and the
loader source.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
   "One world, one web, one program"  -- Microsoft promotional ad
         "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuehrer"  -- Adolf Hitler