unknown coredump !

Nikolay Kalev nkalev at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 06:27:07 GMT 2005

Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

>On Wednesday, 24 August 2005 at 11:58:37 +0300, Nikolay Kalev wrote:
>

>>I'm getting coredump of chkgrp.core and i don;t know the reason for
>>this. Any ideas or suggestions ?
>>

>Take a look at the time of the dump.  It might give you a clue.
>

>>I'm attaching the coredump file ...

to be more precise here is the problem script :

[lapi]:/etc/periodic/daily# sh 200.backup-passwd

Backup passwd and group files:

Verifying group file syntax:
chkgrp: /etc/group: line 30: missing field(s)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Exit 3

so i found the problem in my group file there was a bugy line that i
added ... i;m not sure if this is normal to coredump when the syntax in
/etc/group is mistaken ???

the line was : "user:1001:" and it has to be "user:*:1001:"