mounting device acd0t01

Rene Ladan r.c.ladan at student.tue.nl
Mon Aug 15 11:10:23 GMT 2005

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 12:26:25PM +0200, Ádám Szilveszter dr. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Chris Gilbert wrote on 2005.08.15 12:15:59:
>
> > Well, AFAIK, *cd*t* (like acd0t01) are for multisession disks.
> >
> > I have personally only ever seen this when dealing with audio CDs, with
> > a tXX for every audio track.
> >
> > You shouldn't have to mount those at all.
> >
> > Mounting it as a ISO CD9660 filesystem is impossible if it is an audio
> > CD, since the data in those tracks is PCM and not a filesystem.
> (obviously)
>
> Except if it is one of those mixed mode CDs that contain numerous audio
> tracks and then some multimedia bonus material at the end. In this case I
> need to mount the multimedia part which is normal ISO9660 fs. In very old
> days, with the wcd* driver, this used to be possible.[...]

I have such a mixed mode CD.  The last track contains a HFS (Apple)
filesystem.  It should be accessible with the emulators/hfs or similar
ports.  You can use file -s /dev/acdtXX to determine the file system
type.

> Regards:
>
> Szilveszter ADAM
> Budapest Hungary
Regards,
Rene
--
GPG fingerprint = 5FFA 3959 3377 C697 8428  24D0 BF3E F4A9 AE33 5DCC

"It won't fit on the line."
		-- me, 2001