6.0-Beta2: dhclient instability

Frank Jahnke jahnke at fmjassoc.com
Thu Aug 11 16:13:22 GMT 2005

I have a problem with dhclient becoming unstable.

I'm running 6.0-beta2 and Gnome 2.10 on a dual Althon machine.  On boot,
everything is fine.  After visiting a few web pages with Epiphany,
dhclient goes from a minor process to one that consumes an entire CPU.
The machine is still reasonably responsive, but needless to say, its
capacity goes way down.

It does not seem to be related to the web site visited, or the scheduler
used (ULE or 4BSD).  Downloading mail repeatedly also does not trigger
the problem.

Any ideas?

Frank