panic: lock (sleep mutex) vnode interlock not locked

Suleiman Souhlal ssouhlal at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 10 06:40:12 GMT 2005

Hello,

On Aug 10, 2005, at 1:55 AM, Alexander Kabaev wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 10:33:12PM +0200, Thierry Herbelot wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm seeing the above panic on two machines (SMP BP6 and a
>> notebook) with
>> recent -Current (certainly "heisenbug" : the same kernel runs
>> happily on the
>> notebook).
>> The panic log on the SMP machine follows.
>>
>>     TfH
>>
> <SKIP>
>
> Hi,
>
> could you try an patch below?

If you look at the place where the panic is happening, vlrureclaim(),
you'll notice that it shouldn't be possible for vgonel() to be called
on a doomed vnode. It seems, from KTR traces gotten by kris, that
there is a race between vlrureclaim() and vnlru_free() (called also
in getnewvnode()), but I've been unable to find it.

Suleiman Souhlal     | ssouhlal at vt.edu
The FreeBSD Project  | ssouhlal at FreeBSD.org