Hifn driver in SMP (was Re: GELI - disk encryption GEOM class committed.)

Michael Reifenberger mike at Reifenberger.com
Mon Aug 8 07:57:00 GMT 2005

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005, Mike Tancsa wrote:

> Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 23:37:02 -0400
> From: Mike Tancsa <mike at sentex.net>
> To: Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd at freebsd.org>
> Cc: freebsd-current at freebsd.org
> Subject: Hifn driver in SMP (was Re: GELI - disk encryption GEOM class
>     committed.)
>

> Actually, it seems I can easily lock up the box with
>
> /usr/bin/openssl aes-128-cbc -in big -k pass | ssh -c aes128-cbc
> mdtancsa at 127.0.0.1 "cat - >  /home/mdtancsa/targetfile.enc"
>
> Is the hifn driver perhaps not fully smp safe ?

BTW:
I've had hard lockups using the previous version of GELI and hifn on UP and
amd64 (if that matters) too.
newfs worked but iozone locked up allways...

Bye/2
---
Michael Reifenberger, Business Development Manager SAP-Basis, Plaut Consulting
Comp: Michael.Reifenberger at plaut.de | Priv: Michael at Reifenberger.com
       http://www.plaut.de           |       http://www.Reifenberger.com