FreeBSD 6 is coming too fast

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Mon Apr 25 09:26:26 PDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 10:19:59AM -0600 I heard the voice of
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC, and lo! it spake thus:
> On Apr 25, 2005, at 4:54 AM, /dev/null wrote:
> >Of all things, it was the AHA-2940 that killed the whole thing.
>
> I don't have it running now, as I am using am Adaptec 2200S RAID,
> but  for a LONG time I had SMP FreeBSD with the 2940UW without issue
> and  problem.  In fact, I just switched off the last such box in
> January,  which had a 2100S RAID for the main disks and a 2940UW for
> the swap  disk.
>
> Maybe your card was flaky or maybe it was an OEM specific version?

I second the motion.  I've got 3 2940UW's (well, technically one's an
onboard 7880) in this box, which is currently running RELENG_5 from
January, but was originally installed with an early 4.0-CURRENT.  The
controllers have been humming along fine the whole way.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net