Panic after "in_cksum_skip: out of data by 260"

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Wed Apr 13 03:51:50 PDT 2005

> I have no idea about what could have caused this, but in this case, it
> would be useful to have a crashdump and its associated kernel.debug file,
> or at least a backtrace (but you must have enabled the break to debugger
> on panic).  I guess you could also use addr2line(1) to determine which
> function caused the panic from the instruction pointer, but it's likely
> not enough to help understanding the problem.

Since it's a NULL pointer derefence, mux@ told me the addr2line(1)
result could be relevant, assuming you have a debug kernel
compiled.  Could you give back the result of the following command
please :

  addr2line -e kernel.debug 0xc066ec33

Once addr2line(1) gave you the file and the line, it is also important
to tell us the revision of the file.

If you don't have a debug kernel, and you *absolutely* change neither
the sources from which you compiled it nor the kernel configuration file,
you should be able to rebuild it.
--
Jeremie Le Hen