Serial console install

Sławek Żak slawek.zak at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 05:25:16 PDT 2005

On Apr 7, 2005 1:50 PM, Eric Anderson <anderson at centtech.com> wrote:

>You must have missed the second link - it answers your questions
completely.  You can >also build your own images with whatever setup
you'd like, and/or have that image used via >PXE install.

So the options I have are:

1. Boot from CDROM with keyboard plugged in, wait for the beep and
press 6 blindfolded then enter boot -h.
2. Boot from floppy and flip the diskettes until the output is
directed to the serial console.
3. Build my own PXE image.

Doh. Lots of work. I was asking for a small and very helpful change in
the boot loader. Floppies are so 1980's. Getting my butt to the server
room and plugging the keyboard in is a little better, but still far
from the convenience of putting the CD in and forgetting the problem.

/S