Can't change partition table anymore

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Apr 3 22:43:53 PDT 2005

In message: <20050404053300.GA51088 at nagual.pp.ru>
            Andrey Chernov <ache at nagual.pp.ru> writes:
: On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 11:20:36PM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > One more time with -current machine:
:
: I don't see any testing results from your side, just partition dump. To
: see them you need at least to restore standard MBR and with 'fdisk -u'
: change something not dangerous, like active partition flag, on /-mounted
: disk. The error will shown the end.

I thought you were trying to use boot0cfg.  boot0cfg changes the MBR,
but does so through a safe ioctl.  I didn't try to change the
partitioning of the disk itself.  If you are doing that, then you're
seeing a design feature, and the changes of it changing are low.  This
is a pain.

Warner