Can't change partition table anymore

Andrey Chernov ache at nagual.pp.ru
Sun Apr 3 22:33:04 PDT 2005

On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 11:20:36PM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> One more time with -current machine:

I don't see any testing results from your side, just partition dump. To
see them you need at least to restore standard MBR and with 'fdisk -u'
change something not dangerous, like active partition flag, on /-mounted
disk. The error will shown the end.

> So clearly there's something wrong on your machine, or there's a bug

I run today's -current. What else you need to see? Perhaps fdisk/disklabel
output?

> in the GEOM code.  It should work, and if not, we need to find out
> either your pilot error, or the bug that is prefenting it from
> updating.  My -current machine appears to work as expected...

About year ago I do the same operation on the same partition table without
any error.

--
http://ache.pp.ru/