Hard freezes in -BETA4 and -BETA6

Marc UBM Bocklet ubm at u-boot-man.de
Wed Sep 29 01:23:37 PDT 2004

Hiho! :-)

Since cvsupping to -BETA4, I've been getting hard freezes after a period
of usually 1-3 days. No debugger, no serial connection, nothing.

Only symptom that I can see is that the light on my switch where the
cable to my fxp nic is plugged in flashes constantly, as if there were
lots of traffic.

I've cvsupped again yesterday, hoping that the problem might have been
fixed, but it's still there, just encountered another freeze during the
night.

FreeBSD greatsheep 5.3-BETA6 FreeBSD 5.3-BETA6 #8: Tue Sep 28 13:25:50
CEST 2004     root at greatsheep:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SUBMARINE_SMP  i386

dmesg and kernel config are attached.

Just an idea, might generating a NMI via my ISA-slot enable me to break
into the debugger?

And is there any danger for my mainboard? :-)

Bye
Marc

--
"A sudden blow: the great wings beating still
Above the staggering girl, her thighs caressed

W.B. Yeats, Lena and the Swan