5.3-RELEASE TODO

Oliver Brandmueller ob at e-Gitt.NET
Tue Sep 28 22:41:04 PDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 09:14:03AM -0400, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
> That would be me.  Here's a summary of what I encountered (all this can
> be found in the "SMP problems with -CURRENT (and BETA5)":
>
> With HTT enabled in the BIOS:
>
> 1) With ACPI and APIC enabled: Locking up after detecting my hard drives
> and launching the second processor.
>
> 2) With ACPI disabled and APIC enabled:  Crashing with a "Fatal trap 9".
>
> 3) With both ACPI and APIC disabled: Success.
>
> With HTT disabled in the BIOS:
>
> 1) With ACPI and APIC enabled:  Locking up after detecting my hard drives.
>
> And, I'd agree with your assesment that, no matter the cause, this is a
> pretty significant show-stopping bug :-)

I tried (inspired by thread "FDC/ACPI/GEOM problems") booting with the
floppy disk controller disabled in the BIOS. That works fine for me. SO
it seems the problem is somewhere in that direction then.

- Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |