bin/72138: libc.so.5 isn't installed in a safe way

Matthias Andree ma at dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de
Tue Sep 28 12:05:57 PDT 2004

Ruslan Ermilov <ru at freebsd.org> writes:

> My patch does this for "precious" shared libraries.  And yes, putting
> "INSTALL=install -S" is what I had in mind when suggesting to test
> installworld times.

INSTALL="install -S" makes zero difference for kernel installs on
FreeBSD 4. OK, it does make a difference which is less than 3%, and I
made a single run with and without that variable, so it's all buried in
the noise.

--
Matthias Andree

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)