ACPI and devd

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Tue Sep 28 00:14:18 PDT 2004

I was trying to get ACPI to send ACAD events through devd, but that
doesn't seem to be working.  What I've done is connected a small Perl
script to devd.pipe to read events.  I plugged in a USB pen drive to
make sure it was working, and I did see the device add and remove
events.  However, when I unplug the power from my Inspiron 5150, I don't
get any events on the devd socket.

I see numerous ACPI examples in devd.conf, so I'm pretty sure this is
supposed to work.  I'm running 5.3-BETA6 on my laptop.  The script is
attached just in case.

Joe