Laptop recommendations?

Josef Karthauser joe at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 27 04:15:18 PDT 2004

My Dell Inspiron 5000e is getting a bit long in the tooth, and the
keyboard has just packed in :( so I'm in the market for a new laptop.
Does anyone have any recommendations for me?  In particular I want a
working ACPI/suspend interface and this Dell has never been supported
well - fans on all the time, doesn't resume properly, etc.

My previous machine was a Sony Vaio which I loved, but was fairly
expensive and the repair support wasn't very good.  Dell's support was
much better and I'd prefer a Dell I think, but I don't know whether more
recent models fair better with power management support, etc.

Any helpful hints would be gladly received.

Joe
--
Josef Karthauser (joe at tao.org.uk)	       http://www.josef-k.net/
FreeBSD (cvs meister, admin and hacker)     http://www.uk.FreeBSD.org/