dcons(4) console for jails

Hidetoshi Shimokawa simokawa at sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sun Sep 26 07:38:46 PDT 2004

I'm not sure I really understand your concern, but the following fact
may help you.

- You don't need firewire to access dcons. dcons can be accessed via
KVM without -t option.
- By default(without -g option), dconschat listen on only 127.0.0.1.
  You cannot access it from outside of localhost.

Currently, we can only have one dcons device on a system. You may
need multiple dcons port for multiple jails...

/\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
\/  simokawa at sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
PGP public key: http://www.sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~simokawa/pgp.html