Xorg Packages on 5.3-beta5

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Thu Sep 23 22:11:28 PDT 2004

At 1:00 AM -0400 9/24/04, Ken Smith wrote:
>On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 10:59:12PM -0400, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
>>  Apologies if this has already come up.  I downloaded the ISO's for
>>  beta5, and went to do an "install all packages", and it's popping
>>  up with several errors about various xorg packages missing.  Let
>>  me know if more details are needed (I'll just redo this install).
>
>Which architecture?

Installing onto a new single-athlon system.  i386, not amd64.
All the packages that it complained about as missing were Xorg.
Some other packages were there, but failed due to dependencies
on the missing Xog packages.  Might have been that the INDEX was
out of date?

And I then went to install ports, the install of cvsup failed.
Maybe that should be cvsup-without-gui ?  (or was it there, and
I just selected the wrong package?  I am tired enough right now
that I might not have noticed a without-gui package...)

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu