Adaptec ICH5R-S Serial ATA RAID

Saulius Menkevicius bob at nulis.lt
Wed Sep 22 05:35:34 PDT 2004

Tim price wrote:

>Hi, I'm looking for information regarding current support for the onboard
>SATA raid device on the Intel SR1325TP1-E motherboard, listed as Adaptec
>ICH5R-S Serial ATA RAID.
>

>We've basically got a server with two 200GB SATA drives configured in a
>mirrored array in the above controller.  I'm looking for a way of installing
>and running freebsd v4.10 - v5.2.1 in that configuration.

    Doug Abrisko has patches for 4.10 which (among other things) adds
support for the ICH5-R SATA RAID metadata. Look for
http://www.ambrisko.com/doug/ata/ata_stable_sata_5.patch.

    A patch for RELENG_5 is at
http://www.nulis.lt/bob/download/intel-raid-patch-releng5. This one has
been ported from Doug's patch (with minor changes). Personally I run
SATA 2x120GB disk stripe (RAID0) with ICH5-R thus can't tell how it
would work in mirror mode.