VERSION: 5.3-BETA5 - PROBLEM SET: GRE non auto-creation on bootup

David D.W. Downey david.downey at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 10:20:52 PDT 2004

Afternoon all,

ok.. this is curious. didn't notice this til i moved my machines
around as i had to shut them                 off. 5.3BETA5 does *not*
make my gre0 on reboot. Configuration is the same as it was under
BETA4 but now it no longer autocreates the gre with the entries in
/etc/rc.conf. I can *manually* create the gre once the boot process is
complete, it just refuses to do it on bootup.

Nothing has changed other than a shutdown, move to a different
location 5 feet away, and a restart. (Even that CAT5 was never
disconnected.)

The main interface comes back up fine. Kernel was properly recompiled
with 'options gre'.

The /etc/rc.conf is still the same, everything works correctly, no
changes to the file whatsoever, verified no accidently missing quotes
or anything. It just positively refuses to create it.

--
David D.W. Downey