ad0: TIMEOUT - READ_DMA retrying (2 retries left) LBA=207594611

Thomas Hurst tom.hurst at clara.net
Fri Sep 17 10:48:54 PDT 2004

* Kevin Oberman (oberman at es.net) wrote:

> If anyone is using ULE and seeing this EXACT problem, please holler?
> adX: TIMEOUT - READ_DMA retrying (2 retries left) LBA= or
> adX: TIMEOUT - WRITE_DMA retrying (2 retries left) LBA=
> It should be differing only in the ad unit number and the specified LBA.

I'm seeing these using ULE and ADAPTIVE_GIANT; last time when I tried
opening a 133M file over Samba.  The system locks completely and doesn't
recover.  They seems to be happening roughly once a week on a largely
idle machine.

  FreeBSD 5.3-BETA3 #1: Wed Sep  8 19:44:05 BST 2004

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst
    http://hur.st/