Wine and mmap

Anish Mistry mistry.7 at osu.edu
Sat Sep 11 16:53:07 PDT 2004

On Saturday 11 September 2004 05:26 pm, you wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 05:07:13PM -0400, Anish Mistry wrote:

> > > Do these combined work for you, minus any modifications to mmap(2)?  I
> > > do not feel that the kernel mmap(2) should be modified in this manner,
> > > that it is a strictly userland problem.
> >
> > With only these applied I get old message that wine can't mmap it's
> > address space.
>
> Oh, I'm sorry for not explaining the last step.  You need to set the
> environment variable "LD_LIBRARY_LOW_ADDR" to some address, like after
> the first megabyte, or something like that, but before the first "data"
> address.  Try, say, 1024000.
Ok, I've tried that, with several different numbers and I either get something
like:
wine: failed to initialize: /usr/local/lib/libwine_unicode.so.1: mmap returned
wrong address: wanted 0xc350000, got 0xc3bd000
or just the normal:
wine: failed to initialize: /usr/local/lib/wine/ntdll.dll.so: mmap of entire
address space failed: Cannot allocate memory

Any other suggestions?

--
Anish Mistry