poor ATA disk speed with ICH2

Angelo Turetta aturetta at rainbownet.com
Fri Sep 10 02:38:40 PDT 2004

This sounds a lot like thermal recalibration seeks, to me. Except it's
something modern hardware is supposed to need very rarely, if not at all...
Might be the effect of some power-saving setting intruduced in 5.x ?
(or maybe the new ATA code is actually so fast it's overheating your disks
:-) :-)

Angelo Turetta