how 'supported' are 3ware Escalade controllers?

Brian Reichert reichert at numachi.com
Mon Sep 6 09:32:50 PDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 09:20:01AM -0400, Mike Tancsa wrote:
> If you are putting together a new system, I would look at the SATA series
> of their cards, the 8000.  I dont have any experience yet with their newer
> generation 9000 cards and they use newer drivers so I dont know how well
> tested they are. However, the older 7506-8 we are currently using in our
> pop3 server has been working very well for us for the past year.

I wanted to make use of file snapshots in FreeBSD 5.x (aiming at
5.2.1 right now).

I'm reviewing <http://www.3ware.com/support/OS-Support.asp>.  This
page implies that the 7000 and 8000 series is not supported, and
I'd gave to stick with 9000 series.

Is that info out of date?  I suppose I could call 3Ware, but it's
a holiday, and I'm assuming they're not open (but the FBSD community
is always there for me; right guys? ;)

> Lately we have been using Seagate Drives.  I would stay away from Maxtor as
> I have seen reports of problems with those drives.

Noted...

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert at numachi.com>
37 Crystal Ave. #303			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842