ATTN Soren: BETA3 still hangs on ATAPI DVD Detection during boot

Søren Schmidt sos at DeepCore.dk
Sun Sep 5 10:57:29 PDT 2004

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> I just downloaded and tried to install FreeBSD 5.3-BETA3 and it still
> hangs in the same location as it has for more than one month.  However,
> now it boots alright when I chose the verbose logging option 5.  I did
> the install and have attached the output of the subsequent dmesg.

You need to run -current to get the latest fixes, they have not made it
in before BETA3 was cut. I have not had time to do it and nobody else
seem to have felt it was important enough to even offer to help...

-Søren