ATA DVD playback hanging in physrd

Søren Schmidt sos at DeepCore.dk
Thu Sep 2 00:33:52 PDT 2004

Nate Lawson wrote:
> Søren Schmidt wrote:

>> On that note ACPI still locks hard both my laptops (ASUS/Acer) on
>> resume, with and upto date -current its back to not even switching on
>> the backlight, so I have no way to tell what happens. On the ASUS that
>> has a serial port even that is totally dead.
>>
>> However, commenting out the resume code in acpi_cmbat.c make it get so
>> far as to give me a prompt in singleuser mode, but just a simple ls
>> makes in crash with a double fault in the image activation of the ls
>> command, it looks like the vm system is way out to lunch somehow.
>>
> Try taking /sys/i386/acpi_wakeup.c back to 1.36.

That makes things worse actually, now I dont get back from resume, I do
get my backlight turned on though :)

   If that doesn't work,
> try reverting /sys/dev/acpica/acpi.c back to 2004/8/1 (mentioned
> previously).  It is important to isolate the cause.

That doesn't work, the rest of the code has changed so it wont compile..

> I'm working on the cmbat resume part for you.  The reason why this is
> not an easy problem to debug is that different systems have different
> AML and that AML is run by various methods, including cmbat.  If it does
> weird things like writing to various runtime registers or acquiring
> mutexes, it can cause failures independent of our code.  My laptop
> suspends/resumes fine with -current, including hotplugging the
> batteries, etc.

On that note, it doesn't see when I hotplug my second battery, however
doing a acpiconf -i 0/1 makes it appear properly..

-Søren