growfs - Using on mounten FS - planned?- TWE probs..

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Wed Oct 27 20:39:21 PDT 2004

At 06:12 PM 27/10/2004, Julian Elischer wrote:
>>>what storage are you using?
>>

>>twe(4) and a bunch of big S-ATA drives in RAID-5 configuration.
>>Nothing really impressive nowadays.
>

>I'm having infrequent corruption problems with 3ware 7500-8 cards .
>do you check your data?
>We store GB sized files and we checksum them and we check the checksums
>over time....

When you setup the RAID5 array, what stripe size did you use ?  I found
problems with anything other than the default 64K.  What BIOS rev are you
using?  The only RAID 5 setup I use is on a 7810. 3dm2 shows
Model 7810
   Serial Number F11402A2120284
   Firmware FE7X 1.05.00.056
   BIOS BE7X 1.08.00.046
   Monitor ME7X 1.01.00.038

It stores pgp encrypted files that we check once a week to make sure they
are OK and I have yet to find any issues.

         ---Mike