growfs - Using on mounten FS - planned?

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Wed Oct 27 10:45:26 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm thinking about the design for a new webserver system, which would have
4 users. I came to the conclusion that it would be nice to have several
different File-Systems like /usr/local/www, /usr/local/mysql, /usr/home
(with quota) and so on.
I thought it would be a good idea just to give them the space they
actually will need + some free space. Because I know AIX I thought it
would be easy to just grow a FS if more space is needed.
But now I read growfs(8), and it is only possible to grow an unmounted
filesystem which is bad for /usr (for example), and not nice at all.
Are there any plans to make it work with mounted Filesystems?

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/