Weirdness in RELENG_5 on amd64

Willem Jan Withagen wjw at withagen.nl
Thu Oct 21 03:12:06 PDT 2004

Eirik Oeverby wrote:
> This is a Tyan S2882 board - K8S Pro I believe, with an AMD chipset.
>

>>You are not running this hardware, are you? Otherwise strongly I suggest
>>changing it. I swapped it for Tyan Tiger, and no more of these problems since.

The other story I was told is that Tyan is once in a while sloppy with its
BIOSes. And as such not all revision are of equal quality.
You said the box is far away, so flashing BIOSes is not going to be fun.
And it might even get you in worse shape....

> Well, they are still there ;)
> Built a new kernel today, as I see a number of issues were resolved in
> RC1, however I want to wait for the next crash - if/when it happens. It
> is possible I could get some useful info out of it.
>
> No clue about the serial console questions I had?

Nope, sorry.
But have you tried:
*.*	/dev/ttyd0

I tried it and seems to do something on my serial console.

--WjW