startx xauth errors

jmarquez at telenetwork.com jmarquez at telenetwork.com
Fri Oct 8 06:27:52 PDT 2004

Hi all,

When I execute startx, xauth gives me the following error twice in a row.

xauth: (stdin):1:  bad "add" command line

This happens right before Xorg config information is printed and the WM is
started. Everything seems to be working fine, just wondering how I can
clear/fix whatever it is xauth is trying to do. I read man pages and other
resources but I'm still not sure what xauth is trying to do, maybe add a
cookie for my user? I've double checked my hosts file and it's fine. I've
also messed around with xauth a bit and my .Xauthority file, but still no
go.

over and out
jesse