Installing 5.3-BETA7 without PS/2 keyboard

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Thu Oct 7 21:40:56 PDT 2004

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 13:59, Rajappa Iyer wrote:
> >> I tried disabling the atkbd and atkbdc, but it still finds and
> >> attaches kbd0 to atkbd and kbd1 to the USB keyboard.
> >
> > What happens if you set
> >
> > hint.atkbd.0.flags="0x1"
>
> No difference.
>
> Still attaches kbd0 to atkbd0.  The funny thing is that it detects
> the ukbd0 before atkbd0 and still assigns kbd1 to ukbd0.  Is there
> any way to force it to attach kbd0 to the first keyboard detected?

Hmm, the above should prevent the system assuming you have a PS/2 keyboard, so
you won't have more than one.

If you are able to you could run "kbdcontrol -k /dev/kbd1" during startup (eg
add something to /usr/local/etc/rc.d) as a crappy work around.

> > You should mention which version of FreeBSD too :)
>
> I did, in the title. :-) It is 5.3-BETA7.

Err oops.
Sorry :)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum