Installing 5.3-BETA7 without PS/2 keyboard

Rajappa Iyer rsi at panix.com
Thu Oct 7 21:12:23 PDT 2004

Hi,

I hope someone can help me out here.  I have a machine with
no PS/2 connectors... so I only have USB keyboard.  I have turned
on the BIOS emulation of keyboard -- the boot loader seems to see
it fine.  But once FreeBSD boots, then it is no longer able to
see the keyboard.

I tried disabling the atkbd and atkbdc, but it still finds and
attaches kbd0 to atkbd and kbd1 to the USB keyboard.

Any way out of this situation?

Thanks,
Rajappa
--