build/install RELENG_5 from a 4.10 system

Michael C. Cambria mcc at fid4.com
Wed Oct 6 14:52:59 PDT 2004

Hi,

Is it possible to build a RELENG_5 system on a 4.10 system?

I've used new sources put in /home via cvsup to build slower systems and
Soekris boxes in the past.  Setting DESTDIR and MAKEOBJDIEPREFIX puts
the results of installworld & buildworld someplace other than /usr/obj.
  But I've only done this with something like 4.x-stable while my build
system ran 4.x-release.

Will this sort of thing work for 5.3?  Are there other environment
variables that need to be set?

Thanks,
MikeC

--