PPP/su startup error

Andrew Wiles adw at jara23.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 21:08:11 PDT 2004

Since just prior to the new pfil hooks commit and with 5.3-BETA7 I now
get the following error on boot:

Starting ppp as "root"
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1:
Shared object "libintl.so.6" not found, required by "su"

The shared library exists in /usr/local/lib but isn't being found.
As to why su or ppp would need that lib at boot time also confuses me as
it is now part of the base system.

Running either su or ppp after the system is up works fine.

Any help with this problem would be appreciated.

Andrew D Wiles.
--
This e-mail has been scanned by asgard.jara23.co.uk with ClamAV for known viruses.
For more infomration on ClamAV see http://www.clamav.net/

asgard.jara23.co.uk - Building the future on the ashes of the past.