FreeBSD 6.0 and onwards

Will Saxon WillS at housing.ufl.edu
Mon Nov 8 13:28:09 PST 2004

I read a discussion off of one of the linux lists about this. If I
recall correctly, the owner of that software justifies it by saying
that normally you have to pay for a license. Since he was not
charging the linux ppl for it, he felt like he could put terms like
that into their license, with his out being 'if you don't like it,
you can buy a real license.'

I believe if you buy a real license to use BitKeeper vs. using their
goofball 'free' license you can develop whatever you want.

I have no say since I don't develop anything, but my 2 cents is, that
product should not be used out of principle, even if it does everything
that needs to be done and more. The discussion I read pretty clearly
described to me the owner's attitude; it is not an attitude I would wish
to validate through support of the product.

-Will