Installing on large disks

Darryl Okahata darrylo at soco.agilent.com
Thu May 13 14:00:09 PDT 2004

"Willem Jan Withagen" <wjw at withagen.nl> wrote:

> After several reinstalls I've come to the conclusion that installing
> i386 and amd64 in 50G partitions does not work.

     See the "-o packet" option of boot0cfg:

     -o options
             A comma-separated string of any of the following options may be
             specified (with ``no'' prepended as necessary):

             packet  Use the disk packet (BIOS Int 0x13 extensions) interface,
                     as as opposed to the legacy (CHS) interface, when doing
                     disk I/O.  This allows booting above cylinder 1023, but
                     requires specific BIOS support.  The default is
                     `nopacket'.

[ I assume that this applies to amd64, in addition to i386.  ]

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo at soco.agilent.com