Multiple choices for RAID-0, best performance?

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jun 24 05:58:01 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 02:22:39PM +0200, Daniel Eriksson wrote:
+>
+> (previously posted on -questions without any replies)
+>
+> With the recent addition of a geom-enabled vinum, and the discussed (but not
+> yet functional?) geom stripe module, we now have 4 different choices for
+> software RAID-0 on ATA devices (the other two are regular vinum and
+> ataraid).

GEOM_STRIPE class is fully functional.
I only compared it with ccd(4) and it (GEOM_STRIPE) is faster than ccd.

--
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd at FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl