HEADSUP: Import of pf from OpenBSD 3.5
max at love2party.net
Wed Jun 16 22:38:00 GMT 2004
I will be importing a new version of pf in the next hour. This is long due and
really well-tested. However, the first step will bring in OPENBSD_3_5_BASE
(i.e. the release version, not the STABLE branch). We will catch up on
-STABLE soon thereafter. Just FYI, better wait a bit before you re-build
world to get the new stuff.
The import will enable us to test ALTQ very easily and help in deploying
The OpenBSD release notes say:
"+ A large number of bug fixes, changes, and optimizations to our packet
filter pf(4) including:
- Atomic commits of ruleset changes (reduce the chance of ending up in an
- A 30% reduction in the size of state table entries.
- Source-tracking (limit number of clients and states per client).
- Sticky-address (the flexibility of round-robin with the benefits of
- Invert the socket match order when redirecting to localhost (prevents the
potential security problem of remote connections being identified as
- Significant improvements to interface handling."
Best regards, | mlaier at freebsd.org
Max Laier | ICQ #67774661
http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/ | mlaier at EFnet
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 187 bytes
Url : http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/attachments/20040617/a337e881/attachment.bin
More information about the freebsd-current