devd and usb

Jacob S. Barrett jbarrett at amduat.net
Fri Jun 11 15:47:30 GMT 2004

On Friday 11 June 2004 08:44 am, "Jacob S. Barrett" <jbarrett at amduat.net>
wrote:
> Should the vendor and product codes be accessable in devd.  I have seen
> examples while searching Google that suggest that they should be, but they
> don't appear to be.  The problem is that I have two devices that get
> recognized as ucom devices, my Visor and my cell phone.  Obviously the
> actions I want to purform when they are detected are very different.  I
> tried matching based on vendor and product codes, but that doesn't work.
> The codes are not available when devd processes the attach event.

Forgot to mention that I am running CURRENT as of May 28th.

FreeBSD osiris.amduat.net 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #9: Fri May 28
08:01:20 PDT 2004     root at osiris.amduat.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/OSIRIS
i386

--
Jacob S. Barrett
jbarrett at amduat.net
www.amduat.net

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."