What happened to src/sys/dev/sound/midi ?

Robert Watson rwatson at freebsd.org
Fri Jun 4 17:52:34 GMT 2004

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Mathew Kanner wrote:

> 	In regards to MIDI, I've been posting links to patches for
> about a year now.  I've had relatively little feedback.  I'm not sure if
> the current patches that are posted will compile after some changes to
> infrastructure.

Sounds like we just found someone who would love them. :-)

> 	In regards to USB sound, I've lost the changes I did when I
> cvsup'ed.  Sad but true, I've done this a few times so I think I need
> to improve the way I do work.  Anyway, I plan to redo them since it
> was mostly a couple hour of mechanical work.

Have you thought about using the FreeBSD perforce server?  It's invaluable
for things like checkpointing.  One of the main reasons Peter set it up
was that people were walking around with months of work on notebooks at
conferences, and he was concerned they'd drop/lose/have stolen/destroy
the notebooks and the project would lose a lot of work.

robert at fledge.watson.org      Senior Research Scientist, McAfee Research