Error build -STABLE ports on bento

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 15 23:44:36 PST 2004

I'm trying to get the latest 4-exp build done, and I'm seeing a strange
problem.  The -STABLE chroots (running 490101) built under FreeBSD
-CURRENT (501114) refuse to copy 0 length files.  Whenever cp encounters
a 0 length file, it fails with EINVAL.  For example:

cp: /tmp/a/ports/sysutils/usermin/work/usermin-1.051/install-type:
Invalid argument

This is not happening with the same -STABLE version built and run under
FreeBSD -CURRENT 501108.  Non-zero length files are copied just fine.
Is this something I should expect to be fixed if the cluster is upgraded
to today's -CURRENT?  Is there a simple workaround that can be used in
lieu of upgrading at this time?  Thanks.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome