Current hangs on creation of acd devices

Justin Smith jsmith at drexel.edu
Mon Aug 23 02:05:31 PDT 2004

This was current of about a week ago. It hung on boot, creating devices
for my ATA CD and DVD drives with repeated messages about a ATA timeout
(sorry I don't remember the exact messages). I could only boot after
physically unplugging the CD and DVD drives.

I noticed that 5.2.1 uses PIO4 for both devices but current tried to use
UDMA. Any ideas whether the ATA drivers are in better shape now (if so,
I'll take the plunge and try to get accurate error messages).

--
Time blows wildly against my door       | Justin R. Smith
Stirring discarded sorrows      	| Mathematics Department