panics using pf

Michael Reifenberger mike at Reifenberger.com
Tue Apr 27 17:57:04 PDT 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Max Laier wrote:

> Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:33:49 +0000
> From: Max Laier <max at love2party.net>
> To: freebsd-current at freebsd.org
> Cc: Michael Reifenberger <mike at Reifenberger.com>
> Subject: Re: panics using pf
>
> On Tuesday 27 April 2004 01:04, Michael Reifenberger wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I get the attached panics after some time ( max. 1 hour )when using pf(4).
> > I do not get them, when using ipf(4).
> >
> > Any clues?
>
> > #6  0xc0641d92 in nd6_slowtimo (ignored_arg=0x0)
> > at ../../../netinet6/nd6.c:1800
> > 	nd6if = (struct nd_ifinfo *) 0xc43221c0
> > 	ifp = (struct ifnet *) 0xc4529c00
>
> Okay ... this indicads that ifp->if_afdata[AF_INET6] is uninitialized, which
> should not be the case when the slowtimo runs. As you told me off-list
> (before I realized that you sent it to -current as well) this happens for the
> pflog0 interface. Still that should not happen and I wonder if it's got to do
> with the lately reported problems with a cleanup commit to nd6.c.
>
> So the question is, are you seeing this with nd6.c, rev. 1.42? Does upping to
> 1.43 help? Does rolling back to April, 24th help?
>
> For the record, on my system (week-old -currnet) pflog0->if_afdata[AF_INET6]
> if initialized okay.

I've seen panics with pf(4) for some weeks (see -current's archive for one
report from me).
But at that time I couldn't get a gdb backtrace because of a bug in the
binutils...

The last reports where with -current sources of that time.
Should be the latest rev of nd6.c

BTW: Disabling 'options INET6' fixes the panics as well as
switching back to ipf(4), so I'm using pf(4) now since this morning...

Bye/2
---
Michael Reifenberger, Business Development Manager SAP-Basis, Plaut Consulting
Comp: Michael.Reifenberger at plaut.de | Priv: Michael at Reifenberger.com
      http://www.plaut.de           |       http://www.Reifenberger.com