More odd behavior with the new PCI code (and, maybe, ata)

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Wed Apr 14 15:10:13 PDT 2004

> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 00:44:06 +0300
> From: Ruslan Ermilov <ru at freebsd.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current at freebsd.org
>
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 05:05:13PM -0400, Jeffrey Racine wrote:
> > Second that. I just upgraded, and also hung on make installworld in
> > single user mode. Moving to multi-user allowed me to complete.
> >
> Forgot to feed /dev/random?

/me Slaps head and sobs!

I just tried and feeding /dev/random did the trick. (Not that I fed it
anything very good (cat /home/oberman), but it only needs feeding to
work well enough to get to multi-user.)

One more step to add to the stand-alone startup procedure.

Thanks!
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)