kernel panic trying to utilize a da(4)/umass(4) device with ohci(4)

Brian F. Feldman green at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 19 19:26:53 PST 2003

Josef Karthauser <joe at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 01:18:00PM -0500, Brian F. Feldman wrote:
> >
> > > ohci_alloc_std_chain+0xf5 (calling a DMAADDR() function, I believe)
> > > ohci_device_bulk_start+0x0d
> > > ohci_device_bulk_transfer+0x27
> > > usbd_transfer+0xc0
> > > umass_setup_transfer+0x4f
> > > umass_bbb_state
> > > usb_transfer_complete
> > > ohci_softintr
> > >
> > > Can anyone confirm if this is normal or I have an exceptional system?  I
> > > have two completely unrelated OHCI-based controllers in my system and
> > > neither works.
> >
> > Anyone?  I kinda want to use my CF reader.
> >

> There are rumours that OHCI is borked in NetBSD too and this is a bug
> that we've inherited.  Me, I've not got an OHCI system to test just
> UHCI.
>
> Did it used to work, and got broken, or has it never worked?

Jeez, it's been broken a year and it's almost 5.2-RELEASE now.  Does anyone
have ANY leads on these problems?  I know precisely nothing about how my USB
hardware is supposed to work, but this OHCI+EHCI stuff definitely doesn't,
and it's really not uncommon at all.  Is it unbroken in NetBSD currently?

  <> green at FreeBSD.org                               \  The Power to Serve! \