Intel 865 probs

Peter Risdon peter at circlesquared.com
Wed Nov 12 12:45:16 PST 2003

Jaco,

Thanks for this.

Jaco H. van Tonder wrote:

>For what its worth, I had a lot of problems on the I865P board, and It
>boiled down to memory corruption.
>The machine had lots of "random" crashes, meanng that they were not occuring
>when I do something specific.
>The machine startted to panic as soon as the load got high.
>I took out the memory, and placed it into another slot and the machine is
>cruising along happily now.

I played with the memory slots as soon as the problems started, and
found memtest would sometimes throw up huge numbers of errors, and
sometimes none at all. FWIW slot 1 was the worst. But I suspect, no more
than that, some other problem as well.

>The other questions is what is the date of the -CURRENT tree that is giving
>this problems? I can recall quite a few problems, which were fixed, that
>could cause this problem.

Nov 10. I ran cvsup at about 9:00am GMT.

Peter Risdon.