Still getting NFS client locking up

Janet Sullivan ciscogeek at bgp4.net
Tue Nov 11 20:36:04 PST 2003

> I'm not having any problems with my -CURRENT client.  My server is
> running 4.9-STABLE, so I can't comment on the state of the NFS server
> code in -CURRENT.  For what it's worth, my NFS usage is not very heavy,
> and is mostly reading, with very little writing.

So far I only have problems in a mixed -STABLE/-CURRENT environment.
When the client & server are both -CURRENT I haven't had any problems.
If the client is -CURRENT and the server is -STABLE, I occasionally get
very, very slow response times (like 40 seconds to get an ls response).
  I can't blame the response times on my LAN, because everything else
continues to function properly.

In fact, I just had to reboot my laptop (running -CURRENT from
2003.10.30.07.10.00) to get my -STABLE nfs mounts back to normal.

Are the folks seeing hangs getting any kind of console error messages?
I don't see anything - performance just tanks to the point of being
unusable.