New interrupt code slows hyperthreading down

John Baldwin jhb at FreeBSD.org
Sun Nov 9 15:59:20 PST 2003

On 07-Nov-2003 Jens Rehsack wrote:
> John Baldwin wrote:
>
>> Thanks, IRQ 16 was programmed as level, activelo, so it wasn't an
>> off by one error there.  Grr.
>
> I've seen, but I didn't found a bios option to set it to edge.
> Is there anything I can do on my machine to fix the problem, or
> should Asus be notified for a bios update or ...?

No, level is correct.  The APIC code doesn't mask edge triggered
interrupts, and if it thought IRQ 16 was edge rather than level,
that could explain the high interrupt rate.  Since that isn't the
case I'm not sure why it's triggering so many interrupts.