ata and mfs problems

Soren Schmidt sos at spider.deepcore.dk
Sat Nov 1 13:04:56 PST 2003

It seems Sven Esbjerg wrote:
> On my Fujitsu-Siemens S-4572 I get random hangs when doing recursive copying
> to af mfs device. I suspect it has something to do with the fact the I still
> get a lot of spurious interrupst on the ata controller.

Those spurious interrupts are because ata1 share irq15 with USB.
Most HW was not designed for this. If its a problem that they get printed
dont bot verbose or comment out the prints in ata-lowlevel.c

There is a problem in the kernel that makes the console lockup if there
is too much printed too fast from inside the kernel..

-Søren