Compaq Evo N610c

Robert =?unknown-8bit?Q?Blacqui=E8re?= freebsd-current at guldan.demon.nl
Wed Jul 30 05:47:28 PDT 2003

Great this works ;-)

even with the drive bay battery removed and inserted ;-)

Only thing stil acts weird is the pcmcia (wireless) stuff...
It seems the first memory ports can't be used zo 0x100-0x13f but the
second card gets a other pool 0x180 i think and works ...
maybe i can overrule or block the first block ?

Robert

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 09:19:31PM +1000, Tony Maher wrote:

> Update on Compaq Evo N610c
>
> Thanks to an email from Simon in the UK I now have battery support
> in my N610c.
>
> /boot/loader.conf is now
>
> hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range=1
> acpi_dsdt_load="YES"
> acpi_dsdt_name="/boot/acpi_dsdt.aml
>
> A patch for acpi_dsdt is attached.
>
> Now xbatt (and apm) works perfectly.
>
> Now all I need is another unexpected email that details how to solve the
> suspending problem (actually the resumption) and the switching between X
> and vga screen sync problem and I'd be completely set ;-)
>
> Thanks again to Simon!
>
> cheers
> --
> tonym

FreeBSD: Are you guys coming or what?
OpenBSD: He guys you left some holes out there!